Are you still talking about it? Talking about making a change to your financial future? Wanting to get out of debt? Every year, one of the top New Year’s resolutions is “to become better off financially.” Are you one of the many who made that resolution?
Talk without action is mere babble.
You CAN become debt-free! You CAN save money! You CAN become better off financially! You CAN prepare for an excellent retirement. You CAN!!! It will not be easy, but you CAN do it!
It takes action to make the improvement. It requires you to stop signing up for more debt. It means that you need to turn off the TV and work with your spouse to develop a set of actions you can work on together.
After working with many couples’ finances, I do understand how intimidating this can be, but I also know the end results of the couples who have applied these tried, tested, and proven true tools. They have freed up their income because of their focused efforts in becoming debt-free.
If you are one of the persons who is just lost when it comes to your finances and you do not know where to begin, here are some practical steps you can take TODAY to initiate ACTION.
1) Go to this link and print out the budget sheet.
2) Sit down with your spouse and fill out your expected income and expenses for the next month.
3) Obtain the balances and monthly payments for each of your debts and calculate your debt-freedom date. Get instructions on how to do that here.
4) Make a commitment (you and your spouse if married) to STOP obtaining more debt.
5) Take Dave Ramsey’s Financial Peace University class. You can find a class near you by clicking here.
6) Live it. Don’t give up. Keep moving forward. Setbacks will happen, but do not allow them to derail your effort. I recommend writing a debt-freedom proclamation that you can post on your refrigerator. Read it every morning as you are getting your breakfast! Get fired up about it!!!
How about it? Are you taking real action to better your personal finances today, or are you still talking about it?