As I see persons who have failed financially, I have seen at least one of the following characteristics:
– A failure to recognize that emergencies will occur (car breaking down – they break down!; Christmas – It really is in December! People will get sick!)
– A life-controlling issue – addiction to gambling, drugs, alcohol
– Lack of HOPE
– Unwilling to change their behavior
– Lack of medical insurance!
– Lack of a plan
– Unwilling to work together with their spouse
– Uneducated about financial topics
All of these items can be addressed. There is HOPE! You can put together a plan!