I have spent the last several days thinking about 2006 and what I would like to see happen in 2007.
My preferred method for pondering is with a bag of sunflower seeds, a long drive ahead of me, and a football game on the radio. I tend to zone out and hone in on my thoughts.
As we traveled back home from Indiana, I bought two packs of sunflower seeds for $1, obtained an empty soft drink cup from the gas station to spit shells into, and then started thinking (dreaming …)
Goals for 2007
- Purchase a house that we love and would be happy living in for at least the next 15 years.
- Speak at 10 different locations about personal finances
- Have a book published
- 500 people through financial counseling at NewSpring Church
- 500 people through finance classes at NewSpring Church
- Run at least 600 miles
- Attend the graduations of my brother from Drexel University School of Medicine (Philadelphia, PA), my sister-in-law from Spring Arbor University (Spring Arbor, MI), and another sister-in-law from the GREAT Purdue University (my alma-mater in West Lafayette,IN!)
- Attend the wedding of my sister-in-law in Chicago, IL
- Plan a fly-in fishing trip to Canada for 2008
So those are some of the goals I have listed out. These goals will drive our financial decisions for 2007. Of course, Jenn has additional goals that will also help drive our financial decisions. Remember, we WORK TOGETHER on our finances! That is why we are doing well!
QUESTION: Do you have a written plan?
Happy New Year!