Do you have a plan for your finances in 2007?
- Would you have surgery performed by a doctor who did not have a plan?
- Would you build a house without a set of plans?
- Would you take a vacation without a plan?
- Would you go to war without a plan?
It won't take long, and you will not regret it! When you write down your goals, the chances are increased 100-fold that you will achieve them.
Why not take the time right now to meet with your spouse and develop a written plan for your finances in 2007.
In the spirit of your taking the major step to write down a plan for your 2007 finances, here is a list of questions you may want to consider.
- Do you have any major repairs coming up for your house or vehicles? How much will it cost?
- When are you going on vacation? How much will it cost?
- Are there any major events occurring in 2007 that will cost money? Weddings/Birthdays/Anniversary
- How much do you want to spend on 2007 Christmas? Divide the number by 12 and start saving now!
- Are you getting a tax refund? If so, write down a plan on paper that details how/when/where it will be spent/saved/given.
- Are your children going to college? How much have you saved, and how much will you need?
- Can you bump up your contributions to your retirement savings?
- Can you bump up your giving to worthy causes that you fiercely believe in?
- Are you budgeting all of your spending on paper before the month begins and making your money obey the INCOME – OUTGO = EXACTLY ZERO formula?
Hopefully these questions will assist you as you develop a plan to win with your money in 2007!
I personally can't wait to see what is going to happen in 2007!