There are moments in time where I just sit in amazement listening to how others are managing their money. I see reflections of my past in many of their actions.
Sheesh-Type Observations (Self-Proclaimed!)
- People really believe that they can consistently spend MORE than they make and win financially.
- It is a flat-out oddity for people to have more than $2,000 in savings. Most have made over $500,000 in the past 10 years, yet they don't even have $2,000 in savings!
- Most believe that their financial situation was destined to be that way. Their mom and dad lived this way, their brothers and sisters live this way, and their friends live this way.
- Remember that "Keeping up with the Jones'" thing? Yeah, it is still VERY alive. Most will deny it vehemently, but call it what it is – that huge brand new truck and boat (finances 100%) was bought to impress the friends and family.
- People believe that they just need to earn more money to gain financial freedom. This is the biggest lie in the book! I know people who earn less than $20K/year who have money in the bank and are winning financially!
- People believe that math does not work! This belief happens until the person actually puts their income and outgo on paper and INCOME – OUTGO = EXACTLY ZERO is applied. When a budget is put together, they begin to see that it is basic 1st-grade math that drives whether or not they will win financially!
What are the "SHEESH" moments you see that drive you crazy? Share them in the comments section below!