If you have been hanging around www.JosephSangl.com anytime at all, you have heard me talk about how important it is to continue learning about how to manage your finances.
I have recently completed watching Oprah's Debt Diet series.
Here are some things I took away from watching this series:
- Americans are very disorganized
- Spouses who do not work together are susceptible to hiding debt
- Debt is a disease – DIS EASE – uncomfortable
- When faced with their true financial picture, people KNOW that it is out of order! They will make statements like, "This is eye-opening", "This is nuts!", and "Wow!"
- There is ALWAYS a way to spend less money
- Some people are just plain stupid with money
- People know their real story, regardless of the facade they present
- Folks feel stupid when it comes to money and are scared to ask for help!
- Americans feel validated by their credit score
- Kids don't really care about STUFF – they just want to spend time with you
- 43% of homes purchased last year were with $0 down!