If you were given $10,000, what would you do with it?

Time to run up the comments!

If you were given $10,000, what would you do with it?

11 Responses to “If you were given $10,000, what would you do with it?”

1. Paul Moyer June 15, 2007 at 5:09 am #

SPEND IT ALL!!!!!

No, just kidding. We would tithe 10% first, finish off our emergency fund and spend the rest making improvements to our home (we purchased a foreclosure and are remodeling/updating).

2. chad king June 15, 2007 at 5:26 am #

pay off debt.

3. Jon Smock June 15, 2007 at 7:09 am #

Tithe 10%, and pay down some of my student loan, but use most of it (say 6 grand) to go on a killer honeymoon this October :-D!

4. Tina Harkey June 15, 2007 at 8:00 am #

I’m thinking interest. The interest on $100,000 is over $400 per month just in a money market so on $10,000 it would be at least $40. That’s $40 I didn’t have, then that is $480 a year (plus you are compounding – so it’s actually more). I’m thinking savings.

5. Moneymonk June 15, 2007 at 8:09 am #

I would 10% tithe
    I would give 10% to my favorite charity
    I would save 20% for emergencies
    And invest 40%
    And last I will take my family on a vacation!!!!!!!

6. Just me June 15, 2007 at 2:39 pm #

Tithes and offerings first, then i would go put the rest on the down payment for my grandmothers old house that just went on the market … it has enough bedrooms for all the kids and it would get it back in the family which is great since I (and all my cousins) practicaly grew up in it. Plus its better schools than my kids are in now. :)

7. Bethany Fisher June 15, 2007 at 4:58 pm #

I would definitely tithe with the money first, then pay off my husband’s smaller student loan to get that done with and then probably split the rest to help pay off our Jeep and save for a house in the future.

8. bsbill June 15, 2007 at 8:40 pm #

Tithe – yes, 10%
    Charity – 10%
    Tax – looking at about 30%
    5g left, knock off 5 of my 19 months left in debt.
    Feeling good that debt payoff is in sight.
    Thank you Joe for help with learning to budget.

9. jane June 15, 2007 at 8:56 pm #

tithe 10%
    donate 10% to the youth center at NS
    go to Belarus to meet Nikita’s family.
    For Nikita’s mama, I would pay off the boiler for the heating of their home. And pay a years worth of heating for them.
    Spend the rest on kids visiting from Belarus next summer.

10. Rich Brott June 17, 2007 at 2:07 pm #

I would give it all to Joe Sangl to help pay for “Life” that happens…

Trackbacks/Pingbacks: