WOW! What a tremendous response to my post about my MOM telling me via the blog to REPLACE THE CAR!!!
There was a multitude of well-thought out responses that have me thinking …
Here are some of my thoughts about the responses:
- "Steve_Sr1" cracked me up when he said that I should have listened to my dad about checking the oil occasionally – He's right!
- "Indiana Pal" knows WAY TOO MUCH about me – he brought out a reference to a 1981 Datsun B210 that I used to drive
- "Joe D." needs to understand that I will pay cash for a car – car payments – did he say CAR PAYMENTS? May my voice never utter the words CAR PAYMENT ever!!
- "Julie Brown", "Rich Brott", "Moneymonk", and "Paul Moyer" all just flat-out agreed with Mom.
- "Mark Asbell" and "Chip" offered excellent responses that indicates that they may have encountered this situation before.
- "Just Me" needs someone to help her out with her car!
The amount of responses to this topic really have made me think a lot about this. There are so many people who have to deal with making the two key decisions when it comes to their car:
1. Should we replace the car?
2. If we decide to get rid of the car, what should we replace the car with?
Tell me some of your stories about how you made these decisions in the past, and I will post a consolidated group of those stories to help us all make a more informed decision.
PS: The Sangl's HAVE made a decision and HAVE TAKEN ACTION in regards to the car situation. Details to follow …