Since it is the day after July 4th, you may be lucky enough to have today off.
Here are some things you could do to speed toward financial independence.
- Start investing in your 401(k) – At least get the match! Every 3 months, bump it up 1% until you have reached 10% of your gross pay. You will NEVER regret this decision.
- Get organized! Put together a 3-ring binder for your medical insurance claims, investments, bank statements, etc. I know it sounds like nails on a chalkboard, but organization is KEY to achieving financial freedom.
- Talk with your spouse about your next financial steps. What are you going to do next? Buy a rental house? Buy mutual funds? Start the kids 529 college savings plan? What about the kid's wedding fund? Which dream gets funded next? The trip to Australia/New Zealand?
- Go to the "TOOLS" link and put together your first ever written budget – BEFORE you receive the actual money. Remember, it's EZ.
- Go canoeing down the river (my choice).