I was talking to my friend who visited over the weekend and he mentioned this book called The E-Myth.
I borrowed the book from another friend on Monday and completed reading it on Wednesday. It is a great book for small business owners or anyone contemplating starting a small business.
A key reason that this book applies to me is the fact that I really want to help over 100,000 people accomplish far more than they ever thought possible with their personal finances by October 2011. This will require a humongous team effort!
Here are some things I am taking away from this book.
- The same thing that prompted me to write THIS is what will enable this effort to reach 100,000 people. I certainly can not do it all!
- Great doers don't necessarily make great leaders.
- Putting together a structure and a system always trumps "flying by the seat of the pants"
- Consistency in the overall "experience" is HUGE
- Following the system – everyone following the same system and protocol leads to this consistency
- Great people have a vision of their lives that they practice emulating each and every day.
- I want to go to the hotel the author mentions in chapter 15.
Well worth the few hour read!
Tony also offers his takeaways from this book HERE.