I had a great time meeting Dave Ramsey this past Monday, and for the rest of the week I am sharing some thoughts about my visit there.
Here are some reasons I believe Dave Ramsey's team is winning in their crusade to help people achieve Financial Peace.
- Intense focus. There are nearly 200 staff members working on Dave's team. I didn't see any of them standing around. They were all at work and focused on accomplishing their individual tasks.
- Team. I am sure that Dave mentioned the word "team" at least 25 times during the radio show and my visit with him. Great leaders realize early and often that a team can accomplish far better and longer-lasting results.
- Prayer. Ten minutes before the show goes live, Dave and his team gather together to pray for the show. To pray for blessing. To pray for the callers. To pray for changed lives. Every Wednesday, the entire Lampo team gathers for all-staff devotionals.
- Pay for performance. As Dave has said many times – "Your raise is effective when you are."
- Organized. Dave has his calendar put up on the wall so that everyone understands what is next and upcoming. That ensures that each experience is outstanding. I know my experience was!
- Inspiring work. To borrow a word from the great theologian, fisherman Bill Dance, – "Dad-gummit" – this is an awesome crusade to be a part of! The staff gets it, is on board with it, and is flat out getting it done.