Clay Aiken vs. Celine Dion

I briefly interrupt the crusade to help others with their personal finances to bring you this story.

So, Perry called me out in his message today at NewSpring Church.

Let me set this up.  Last December, Perry revoked my man card for recommending Clay Aiken's Christmas album.  You can read his official revocation of my man card HERE.

Well, when I found out that Perry paid MONEY – he actually paid real money – to go see Celine Dion in Vegas, I had to revoke his man card.  That was in March and you can read that HERE.

REVOKED DUE TO ==>

Well, today, Perry decided to tell everyone at NewSpring (all 8,000 PLUS of them!!!), that he believes that my man card should never be returned due to my liking Clay Aiken and his Christmas album.

So today, I need my blog readers to answer this question:

1.  Who should have their Man Card revoked permanently?  Perry (and Celine Dion) or me (and Clay)?

By the way, you can purchase Clay's Christmas album here via Amazon.com.  All proceeds to be donated to help Perry print a false "man card" ID.  You may even want to purchase one to give to Perry! Smile

Looking for additional Personal Finance Resources?  You can obtain free tools by clicking HERE and purchase books/materials by clicking HERE.

17 Responses to “Clay Aiken vs. Celine Dion”

1. Tim Dunn August 19, 2007 at 1:47 pm #

Clay Aiken is an automatic revoke!

2. Laurel August 19, 2007 at 3:16 pm #

Celine is a revoke

3. Tina Harkey August 19, 2007 at 3:56 pm #

Can’t we all just get along in the sandbox???

4. JavaJoe August 19, 2007 at 5:47 pm #

Does a ‘ manly ‘ Christmas album exist ? If you’re going to listen to Christmas music you might as well hear it sung well . Stand your ground .

Now Celine in Vegas is a different matter . Revoke !

5. Tina August 19, 2007 at 6:23 pm #

Celine in Vegas is awesome. Clay is an automatic revoke.

6. Chris Reeder August 19, 2007 at 7:00 pm #

Dude!!! Both of you have issues!!! If you are going to listen to La-La stuff… at least make it good La-La (my term for girly music)!!!

Check out my thoughts on this madness here.

7. jean August 19, 2007 at 7:00 pm #

Clay’s Xmas CD was the biggest selling Xmas Cd in over 30 years. It is terrific (and that is coming from a nice Jewish girl!) – don’t knock it if you haven’t heard it. He also came out with a 4-song Xmas EP last year. Fantastic, too! And explain why the Clay bashing is going on in here????

8. Clay Aiken August 19, 2007 at 7:27 pm #

Joe, you’re so cute the way you stand up for me. If you lose your man card you can have mine. No wait! I stopped trying to be a man in 1993.

Oh well at least I have you for company. ;-)

9. littleclay August 20, 2007 at 12:47 am #

I saw clay in concert and you can hear clay soon! he is on his way soon!

10. Paul Moyer August 20, 2007 at 5:33 am #

Does anyone else think Clay Aiken looks like an elf on the cd cover? I mean really, he looks like a highly effeminate elf.

11. Mark Asbell August 20, 2007 at 6:29 am #

I think Perry’s case is worse for losing the man card. I havne’t heard the Clay CD but it can’t be that bad – just stop recommending it to everyone. You should have just gotten your man card suspended for a few months. Perry is wearing a pink Celine shirt and trying to cover it up with his arms. That shirt alone is grounds for permanent revocation of man card and he knows it – look at him trying to cover it up. Actually attending a celine concert – shred the man card. Then the impression on stage – funny but his man card should be torched now.

You guys are hilarious!

12. Perry August 20, 2007 at 8:04 am #

Hey Mark,

If Joe will “come clean” and admit the truth…he did some sort of thing with a photoshop program and put the pink Celine shirt on me. (I am actually wearing a manly black T-shirt in the actual picture!) I actually do not own a pink Celine shirt. Joe had to do this to make his case look strong.

On the flip side–Joe actually purchased the Clay Aiken CD…he OWNS IT! I have forbidden him to sing Clay’s songs around me…but just the fact that he bought the CD should propel him to the very top of your prayer list!!!

13. Carrie August 20, 2007 at 9:16 am #

I gotta tell ya man, both of you need your man cards taken away. B/c even I don’t listen to Clay or Celine and I’m a woman! Good luck with that!

~Carrie

14. Tammie August 20, 2007 at 9:27 am #

I suggest “Time-out” and you can come out when you have something better to disagree on! And I agree with Carrie and Tina!

15. Chip August 20, 2007 at 10:39 am #

I suggest that this matter be decided in a manly fashion, a sporting event. Schedule a three day tournament of Frisbee Golf between the two of you. The catch is, you have to use your respective Clay Aiken and Celine Deon CDs as the “Frisbees” for this golf match.
    The final score of the match doesn’t matter. The intent is to reawaken the “manliness” you both once possessed, through some good clean, manly competition.
    At the end of three days, all the Clay Aiken and Celine Deon CDs will be useless for the original intended purpose, your competitive manliness will be invigorated and then you can both have your Man Cards back.

16. Blythe Adams August 20, 2007 at 11:55 am #

I must say that this is the most bizarre thing that I have ever heard of at NewSpring. As for man cards, I think that because you are both wonderful doting fathers and husbands that no one can take away your man cards. Who cares what you listen to. I dont because I know that both of you are men where it really matters. Besides even if Perry wore a pink shirt. I have seen several other male staff members in pink, too. It takes a “real” man to admit that they like “girly” things sometimes.

17. Clay Aiken August 20, 2007 at 7:41 pm #

Way to go Blythe!! Way to stick up for all the men who love to wear pink!!

I mean, it’s the new orange!!

All I know is as long as I have life long fans like Joe Sangl I can sleep easy at night. Maybe even sometimes without my blanky!