T-Shirt Ideas

I have been going through some T-shirt ideas and wanted to try them out on you all.

In the Uplifting, Positive category …

• "I Was Broke …  Now, I'm Not!"
  • "It's EZ to win with money"
  • "Been there.  Done that.  Now I can afford this T-Shirt." on the back of the t-shirt with "Financial Learning Experience" on the front of it.
  • "$100/mo = $1,176,477"
  • "I – O = EZ"
  • "Clay Aiken helps me budget"
  • "I have been stapled to the wagon at the Financial Learning Experience."

In the Demoralizing, Demeaning category …

• "I Don't Take Financial Advice From Broke People"
  • "I Choose To Be Broke"
  • "I have an incurable case of stupid-itis"
  • "I ate my kid's inheritance."  (After all, dining out at restaurants is a huge drain on a family's economy)
  • "I'm broke, but I drive a really nice car."
  • "I don't care how good Joe's wagon stapler is, I will still fall off."
  • "Budgeting – Why bother?  All this stuff that Joe rails about is crap anyhow."
  • "Celine Dion helps me budget"
  • "I – O = The Big Negative    Thank you Capital One!"

Read Joe's recent blog posts

Another story of life-change was released on the podcast today!  Have you listened to the Podcast from Joe?  To subscribe to the podcast using iTunes, click HERE.  If you do not have iTunes, you can download an mp3 by clicking HERE.

Looking for additional Personal Finance Resources?  You can obtain free tools by clicking HERE and purchase books/materials by clicking HERE.

10 Comments

1. Paul Moyer on September 7, 2007 at 6:46 am

The Clay Aiken and Celine Dion references were great. Here is my idea

Front: Size Matters

Back: How big is your emergency fund?

2. Chris Roberts on September 7, 2007 at 8:06 am

The Clay Aiken reference is a bit creepy. 🙂 But I do like the I-O=EZ. A few others might be:

1. What’s in my wallet? Money!
    2. It’s not easy having green…but it’s worth the effort.
    3. How did you do it? Back neck: joesangl.com

3. Joseph Sangl on September 7, 2007 at 1:48 pm

I agree that Clay Aiken is creepy. But it is FUNNY!

4. Chris Reeder on September 7, 2007 at 6:10 pm

How about…

“It’s EZ to win with money, just ask me how”

Back neck: josephsangl.com (Chris Roberts’ idea)

5. Dan on September 8, 2007 at 12:44 am

Why do people say a nice guy like Clay Aiken is creepy? Its like so many people are parrots but they don’t know what they are saying because it makes no sense. Same with people saying he’s short or something. The guy is over 6 feet tall. I think you all just don’t know anything about him that isn’t just made-up stupid stuff.

6. Jamie on September 8, 2007 at 8:52 am

“$100/mo = $1,176,477” shirt is awesome.
    Tina says you need one that says “Life Takes Cash!”

7. Joseph Sangl on September 8, 2007 at 12:03 pm

Dan – I OWN the Clay Aiken Christmas album. I would like to clarify – Clay Aiken is not creepy – BUT a t-shirt that said “Clay Aiken helps me budget.” IS creepy.

8. Chip on September 8, 2007 at 6:35 pm

How about:

Joe
    Knows
    DOUGH!!!

or

The Buck
    STARTS
    Here…

or
    Need a Financial Angle???
    Listen to Joe Sangl

or

Use your
    HEAD
    Save some
    Bread!

If you need some really corny ones, let me know and I’ll see if I can top those….hehehe
    Chip

9. Renee on September 8, 2007 at 7:39 pm

“I don’t take financial advice from broke people”
    “I’m broke but I drive a really nice car”
    …If you print that one, I’ll buy them and give them for Christmas gifts with a copy of one of Dave’s books!!!

10. Mark Asbell on September 11, 2007 at 5:37 am

I like these from your list:

“I Was Broke … Now, I’m Not!”
    “$100/mo = $1,176,477”
    “I – O = EZ”
    “I Don’t Take Financial Advice From Broke People”
    “I ate my kid’s inheritance.”

– I think some of those will spark conversations that will present opportunities to talk about the crusade and FLE.

– the “ate my kid’s inheritance” shirts will probably only need to come in XXL or larger if you know what I mean. (sorry – I’m a little mean)

– all of these shirts should have your website on the back neck area – that’s a good idea

– I also like some of the ideas others had that mock the credit card companies but something would have to be added to ones like “Life Takes Cash” to make some people get it. Maybe “Life Takes Cash – not VISA” or if it’s just “Life Takes Cash” put a picture of a dollar bill over top of a visa card or something

I can’t wait to see you get some of these printed up. Would you please get a color other than red or black? I need a royal blue t-shirt or some other color besides red and black – I have those from volunteering at NS 🙂