Jenn and I have Friday and Saturday off (our crusade week is Sunday through Thursday).
We have had this schedule for over a year, and it is still very odd to have Friday off!
Here are some thoughts and events that took place this weekend:
- Purdue University beat Iowa in football to become bowl eligible for the 10th time in 11 years. Previous to Joe Tiller's arrival, Purdue had been to a whopping 5 bowl games in the previous 105 years! Thank you Joe Tiller!!!
- I went grocery shopping with my daughter, Melea. Of course, I brought the cash envelope with me.
- Melea brought her cash envelope as well – to purchase a cactus! She ended up buying two since the helpful Wal-Mart staff directed us to a full selection that was half of the price of those next to the check out station. The 1/2-price area was outside and chilly. Makes me wonder how many times I have bought something for twice the price simply because I did not stop to look around.
- I wonder when my deer will be processed so I can have deer burgers?
- I dug up the frost-sensitive bulbs from my flower beds so that I would not lose the $100 or more worth of flowers that I planted last spring. I had Melea help me. We found a really nice LIVE specimen of black widow spider guarding her egg sac.
- I really enjoy balancing the checkbook and savings accounts. Please don't tell Jenn, but I actually stall around while doing so to make the process last longer. "Joe, are you ready to mow the lawn?" "NOPE! I am still balancing the check book."
- My ten year old truck blew its manifold gasket. I could care less what the problem is. I just want to know "When can I get my truck back?" It is AWESOME to have an emergency fund! I talked about the emergency fund in the "Pay Off Debt" series. You can read the specific article on my emergency fund HERE and the entire series HERE.
- My house is 30 years old. It has 30 year old house problems. I don't like 30 year old house problems. Then I thought, I am 33 years old. I have 33 year old problems. I don't like 33 year old problems. Sounds like I have a good pity party in store for me!
Hope you had a fantastic weekend!