Budget. The word alone sends chills to many people. Here are some things that people equate with budgets.
Budget = Restricting
Budget = I Am Broke
Budget = Controlling
Budget = No Fun
Budget = Constricting
Budget = Not going to do it!
Most people have tried budgets … and failed! It was a bad experience, and many will say that they aren't EVER going to budget again.
I want to make a deal with you. How about reading this series of posts for the next week? How about trying for just one month this method that I will teach you? How about giving one shot? Just one. My hope is that you will try a budget for the month of November,
In this series of posts, I am going to share with you the exact process that Jenn and I took to prepare a budget that works. Guess what? THE VERY DAY that we started budgeting was THE VERY DAY that we started WINNING WITH MONEY!
Some might say "I hate budgets" and "I don't need no stinkin' budget", but I would ask them the following questions:
- How are you paying for Christmas this year? I am paying cash.
- How much is your car payment? I paid cash for my car.
- How much did you invest this month? I have invested for retirement for over 130 months in a row and my daughter's college for over 60 months in a row.
- How much money do you owe to your credit cards right now? I owe $0.
- When is the last time you had a great discussion on finances with your spouse? Not a fight. A great discussion. Jenn and I develop a spending plan TOGETHER every single month.
- If your car broke down tomorrow, do you have money in the bank to pay for it? Car repairs are not financial emergencies. I am not surprised when my car breaks down. Why? There is a car repair joint on every corner of every street of every town and city in the country! It is normal for cars to break down!
At the end of this series, some might call me crazy. Some might call me insane. Some might call me a wacko. I would say to them – call me whatever you want, just don't call me broke anymore!
You see … I Was Broke … Now, I'm Not!