Ever had an experience with customer service that really puts the CUSS in Customer Service?
I have had some seriously frustrating experiences with my cable over the past year.
I will list some of them.
- Cable goes out during nearly every rain storm
- When cable goes out, my INTERNET goes out (it's amazing how tied to the internet I have become!)
- My cable has went out for periods ranging from 1 hour to 17 days
- I can shake a wire outside and the cable service MIGHT come back on, but the company can't figure out why
- I have had no less than four different issues/outages.
- Cable went out during a Purdue Boilermaker football game. That is bad news for the cable company.
When I talk to Cusstomer Service, they have yet to say, "I am so sorry for your problems. You are a very important customer to us, and we are committed to fixing this right away to your complete satisfaction."
In fact, when I do call Cusstomer Disservice they attempt to sell me something! Every. Single. Time. "Sir, would you like to try out our VOIP phone service?" "Sir, would you like to upgrade your entertainment package?" NO! I just want my stinking cable and internet back!!!
So recently I read my friend's blog post about blazing fast internet service without having to have a home phone AND he saved a ton of money. You can bet that I have contacted him to figure out how I can do the same deal.
I KNOW that companies have issues. ALL companies have issues from time to time. That is when Customer Service is most important!
So cable company, the next time I call with an issue I want to provide you with a written checklist for your customer service agents to follow.
- "I am so sorry that you are having issues today. We strive for excellence, and we are sorry you are having this issue."
- "You are a very important customer to us, and we will not be happy until we have restored your service to its full capability."
- Upon verification of the issue, call and tell me, "I am placing a credit for one month's service on your account. We are so sorry for the inconvenience."
- If you really want to knock it out of the park, you can send me a written repair statement telling me exactly what the problem was, how it was repaired, and what has been changed to prevent this problem from occurring again in the future.
Perhaps you could really go out on a limb and benchmark some companies that are highly regarded for their great customer service. A company that comes to my mind is ING Direct. They have GREAT customer service AND they have a GREAT product!
But it may be too little too late for the Sangl family. Four strikes add up to an out with a mulligan.