Welcome to the latest series at www.JoeSangl.com – Financial Software!
One of the keys to maximizing your financial potential is to GET ORGANIZED. Organization helps in so many ways. It helps ensure that bills are paid on time, helps you locate a financial record swiftly, and allows you to focus on "doing" instead of "searching".
I am a huge fan of financial software, and in this series I will be reviewing different types of software that is available.
I personally use Microsoft's Money Software. Microsoft recently changed the name of their Microsoft Money software to Microsoft Money Plus.
I have used Microsoft Money software since 2000.
The top reasons I use this software are:
- Ease of use Above everything else, financial software needs to be straight-forward and easy to use. Microsoft Money is exactly that for me.
- Multiple Accounts I can manage multiple bank accounts and investment accounts within the same program
- Reports It has tons of built-in reports that allow me to see where my money is going!
- I always know exactly how much money is in all of my accounts! This alone is worth the entire cost. I know my balance to the exact penny, and I know if a transaction has cleared the bank or not.
- When I earn or spend money, I am able to categorize the transaction. For instance, when I pull out money for my cash envelopes, I am able to split the transaction into multiple categories. Let's say I pull out $600. I can split the cash withdrawal into the different categories I will use the money for – $300 for groceries, $100 for clothes, $100 for spending money, and $100 for restaurants.
In the next part of this series, I will share how I use Microsoft Money to better manage my money.
Click HERE to receive each post automatically in your E-MAIL