I was reviewing my credit card offers the other day, and I just starting laughing out loud! It is a regular comedy act!
Here is what made me laugh:
- The Visa Signature card states "This card has everything you want, even your initial." HA HA HA HA HA!!! It goes on to say, "… it proudly displays your monogram every time you lay it down. Jennifer, this card is YOU!" HA HA HA!
- In the fine print of the above card, it says "We will allocate your payments to balances (including new transactions) with lower Annual Percentage Rates (APRs) (including zero percent) before balances with higher APRs." The REAL credit card personality shows up in super large 2-pt font!
- The Household Bank Platinum card says "Everything you like in a card. Including the design." I don't like anything in a credit card. They never helped me WIN with money.
When you look at your 200 – 250 credit card applications that you receive each year, what stands out to you?
Click HERE to receive each post automatically in your E-MAIL
Are you filing your taxes yourself this year?
I have always prepared my own taxes each year. I have used TurboTax every single year.
This software has been extremely helpful and straightforward to use.
I have considered using TurboTax's competitor, TaxCut (by H&R Block), but I always back out because TurboTax is designed to automatically transfer all of last year's information over to this year's return.
(I wonder if TaxCut can auto transfer a return put together using TurboTax?)
If you have a very simple tax return and plan on using 1040EZ, TurboTax provides their software and one federal tax filing for FREE!
Otherwise, there is a cost for the software, but it is reasonably priced for such a good software package.
I've never had a problem with a filing I have made with TurboTax.
I am sure it is the same for TaxCut software, but I have not used the product.
By the way, I usually look at the Staples or Office Depot sales ads this time of year before purchasing my TurboTax software. Usually, they will have a special – something like "Buy TurboTax and get a $10 gift card" deal. I like that! Last year, I ended up buying my software from Best Buy, and it came with a free wireless mouse. It is a great mouse! It was backordered and took over two months to get it, but they did ship it to me!
Read recent posts
I have had a crusading dream the last eight days!
Let me recount the last eight days …
Sunday January 20th
Friday PM and Saturday AM (January 25th & 26th)
Taught the entire Financial Freedom Experience at NewSpring Church (over 300 attended!) People drove 5 and 7 hours to come to this class. That absolutely blows me away!
Saturday PM and Sunday AM (January 26th & 27th)
Sunday PM (January 27th)
Taught the Financial Learning Experience at Southbrook Church!
I got to speak eight times and teach both versions of my class in EIGHT DAYS! It is UNBELIEVABLE that I get to do this for a living! Oh yeah, I also see that there are 14 one-on-one financial counseling appointments on our calendar this week!!!!
To all who attended the classes or church services, THANK YOU!
You can see where the crusade will be next by clicking HERE.
The wildly popular web site, www.JoeSangl.com, has lots of helpful FREE tools that can help you take your finances to the next level.
Until recently, I was not able to track how many times each of these tools was being downloaded.
About four months ago, I was able to establish the ability to track them! The numbers are UNBELIEVABLE!!!
Let me share a few with you!
- The Monthly Budget Form (Excel) has been downloaded 2,553 times!
- The Weekly Budget Form (Excel) has been downloaded 1,743 times!
- The Debt Freedom Date Calculator (Excel) has been downloaded 1,189 times!
- The Pay Off Spectacular - House has been downloaded 836 times!
- The Pay Off Spectacular - Llama has been downloaded 117 tiems! That's just FUNNY!
You can download your own FREE TOOLS by clicking HERE or by clicking the word "TOOLS" at the top of the page.
SO since these tools are being downloaded by you all – How are they working for you? I LOVE to receive pictures of Debt Pay-Off Spectaculars in action too! Especially if you have a Llama that you are paying off.