Ways to say “I Love You” on Valentine’s Day

I'm a nerd.  There I said it.

I'm a nerd.  I'm not mad at anyone about it.  In fact, I'm very OK with it.

Of course, you already knew all of this!   So why am I refreshing your memory?  Because my FIVE WAYS to say "I Love You!" on Valentine's Day are …  well …  a bit nerdish.

FIVE ways to say "I Love You!" on Valentine's Day

1. Buy your honey a mutual fund.  NOTHING says "I Love You!" like a big, fat honkin' mutual fund.
  2. Commit to work-out and get in shape.  Instead of handing her a big heart filled with 4,000 calories, commit to working out everyday.
  3. Buy her a Clay Aiken album.  Perry and The Saving Freak both LOVE Clay Aiken.  I have heard rumblings that each of them are purchasing this album for their wives this Valentine's Day.
  4. Go get a second job so you can be debt-free in just twelve months instead of five years.  You can calculate your Debt Freedom Date HERE.
  5. Give her a copy of I Was Broke. Now I'm Not.  It's available via Paypal HERE and via Amazon.com HERE.

BONUS:  Take her out to the nicest restaurant in town.  While there, tell her at least fifteen reasons why you love her.  It's even better if you've written down the reasons.  By the way, pay for the meal in cash with money that was in the budget.  There is nothing like enjoying a great night on the town – with all of it paid for in cash and with ZERO credit card bills following you home!

Oh, and if you announce that you are 100% debt-free, that would make it really cool.

Read Recent Posts By Joe

Like what you are reading?  Receive each post automatically in your E-MAIL by clicking HERE.

6 Comments

1. movetoportugal on February 13, 2008 at 2:55 am

All great apart from number 3:)

2. Debbie Sloan on February 13, 2008 at 4:23 am

Thumbs up to #3 from someone who knows A Thousand Different Ways 🙂

3. Chris Reeder on February 13, 2008 at 8:13 am

You are such a romantic!!! 🙂

4. Saving Freak on February 13, 2008 at 8:48 am

Joe has a Clay Aiken poster hanging in his room. He’s always trying to pass off his Clay Aiken addiction on me. Denial is such an ugly thing.

5. Otis on February 13, 2008 at 7:26 pm

Just wanted to check in with you and update you concerning me and Crystal’s valentines day. I planned an awesome 2 days and more importantly I did it with cash that was set aside for that purpose. I didn’t dig into our savings, I DIDN’T EVEN USE INCOME TAX REFUND MONEY!!! I’m so excited about the way our family is headed and you had A LOT to do with that!

Thanx again Joe… I feel like we owe you money (ironically), your system has been that much of a blessing to us. Keep up the God work.

6. Garry Harper on February 14, 2008 at 9:15 am

A better bonus than the one recommended Joe would be this…A REAL man cooks his wife dinner and has the table set and serves her dinner…and not just on Valentines Day. Do it regularly I say.