Someone gave me a book to read recently, so I read it as I traveled five miles above the ground to Dallas, TX last week.
The book is Values-Based Financial Planning – The Art of Creating an Inspiring Financial Strategy written by Bill Bachrach.
Here are some items/lines/quotes that stood out to me …
- Started off with Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs
- "Sometimes you have to change direction even when you're succeeding."
- Jim Carey "wrote himself a $10 million check and put it in his billfold to hold until the day he could cash it" to "spur himself on."
- "The future will come whether your plan for it or not. Will you have the future you want or the future that happens to you by default?"
- "To get somewhere tomorrow, you have to know your position today."
- "The real reason to hire a [financial planner] is delegation, not to get a higher return."
It was a fast read – less than two hours. It really pushes one to consider a financial planner (not a surprise since that is what Bill is all about!).
Receive each post automatically in your E-MAIL by clicking HERE