There was a time when I was not passionate about my job. There used to be a time where I went to work at a J.O.B every day and wondered what I was put on earth to do.
Ever been there? It is not fun to go through such times, but I have found that it was absolutely necessary for me to go through that time to be adequately prepared for "what was next".
When you have been through the passionless, listless, awful, and confusing times, you can truly understand how awesome it is to a have a clear, unmistakable, resounding call on your life.
My calling became immensely clear as I began to take real action to improve my financial condition. As Jenn and I broke free financially, it was as if cataracts fell off of my eyes. I saw how huge and real the financial burden was for the majority of my neighbors, co-workers, friends, and family. I saw how huge the problem was for all of America! I simply couldn't take it anymore. I HAD to do something. In fact, the day that I announced that I had fired myself from Corporate America I wrote THIS POST which really captured what I was feeling at that decisive moment.
Reading that post from eighteen months ago really brings the emotion of the moment back to me.
Here is why I do what I do …
- Person 1 – Put together a written plan, became debt-free, and is going on a cash paid-for-in-advance vacation to Europe this summer!
- Couple 2 – Put together a written plan, sold the fine luxury car, and will be debt-free before the end of the year. Yes, he cried when the Jaguar left (I would too!), but it is just a car.
- Person 3 – Put together a written plan and will become debt-free in less than HALF the time calculated using the Debt Freedom Date Calculator!
- Couple 4 – Put together a written plan, and are now able to give faithfully to their local church for the first time in their lives!
- Couple 5 – Put together a written plan, built an emergency buffer fund, and are now experiencing a job lay-off – BUT they have savings to help them weather the storm! They have PEACE even in the midst of this issue.
- Person 6 – Put together a written plan because his gift to his bride on their wedding day is for BOTH of them to be 100% debt-free. On the day they are married!
- Couple 7 – Put together a written plan, they will become debt-free before their children start college AND be able to pay for their children's college – something they did not even think was possible! But it was – and is!
- Couple 8 – Did not do so well with money management the first thirty years of marriage, but now have a written plan that will allow them to retire with ZERO debt and with SOME retirement savings – way ahead of what they thought was possible.
- Person 9 – Has always had a written plan, and is flat killing it – but he is buying tons of copies of I Was Broke. Now I'm Not. for his friends and family to ensure they also learn how to win!
- Couple 10 – Put together a written plan, and it has ROCKED their marriage (in a great way!) – it is the first time they have ever talked about money – let alone have a plan they both agree on! (Why do I hear Barry White singing?)
Those are just some of the HUNDREDS of stories of life change that FIRE ME UP! They are THE REASON I do what I do.
I can't believe I get to do this for a living! I am truly living a dream!
Receive each post automatically in your E-MAIL by clicking HERE