Many of you who read this blog know that one of my biggest dreams in life is to start a university. Every time that I visit Liberty University, I see proof that this dream can become reality. This university started with virtually nothing about thirty years ago and today has about 11,000 students on campus and another 25,000 distance learning students.
I have been to Liberty several times over the past few years and the growth being experienced there is amazing! I have seen the addition of the ice rink, the law school, Thomas Road Baptist Church, and several new student facilities. It has been awesome to watch!
Here are some reasons I believe that Liberty is really growing:
- Visionary Leadership Stuff like this does not happen without someone casting vision over and over and over and over. Dr. Jerry Falwell cast HUGE vision. His son is now doing the same.
- Bought-In Alumni Just like I rant and rave about how great Purdue University is, the folks who graduated from Liberty are the same way. I have met Liberty graduates all over America, and they are spreading the word.
- Financial Strength Liberty University is DEBT FREE! When Dr. Jerry Falwell died in 2007, his estate paid off the debt held by Liberty University!
- Excellent Education There are tons of different degree opportunities at Liberty. Schools include Business, Communication, Religion, Engineering, Education, Art, Science, Government, Law, Aviation, Nursing, and many others.
- Energy When a university experiences this much growth and has thousands of energetic students, you can not help but feel the energy when you walk on campus.
- Athletics The school has been competitive in several sports – especially women's basketball.
It was fun visiting the Liberty campus again!
Receive each post automatically in your E-MAIL by clicking HERE.