For the past several weeks, I have had an overwhelming sense of thankfulness. I am so blessed that it is hard to put it into words.
Here are some random things for which I am thankful:
- My healthy family
- The opportunity to run a marathon – not everyone has the health to even attempt one
- An emergency fund and the peace it brings to my family
- Great friends – I have met so many cool people through this crusade to help others with their personal finances
- My friend who was diagnosed with cancer has been given a clean bill of health
- Being able to participate in life-changing work and the FLE, FFE, IWBNIN, Money Help, and other resources that help make the life-change possible.
- Volunteers who help me with this crusade. There are literally dozens of people who make this thing work.
- NewSpring Church
- Two paid-for cars that run well.
- A wife who participates in the budgeting process.
As I look at this list, I realize that many of them are interconnected. Many of them could not exist alone. But I can tell you this, as I wrote this list, my heart overflows with thankfulness, and I am overwhelmed. I simply can not believe I get to do this stuff for a living.
If you were to take three minutes to write down what you are thankful for, what would you write?