Welcome to the latest series at JosephSangl.com – "Helpful Real Estate Sites".
It is my hope that this series will equip you with new information that helps you make excellent real estate decisions!
Part Two – Zillow.com
This is another way to research homes that are for sale in your area.
I like the clean feel of Zillow.com, and its of use. Here are some additional reasons I like Zillow.com:
- Market Dynamics Just below the search bar, Zillow provides an up-to-date number of homes that are on the market in the entire US. I like seeing the macroeconomic view of the housing market.
- Days on Zillow A key measure in real estate is "Days on Market" or DOM. Zillow has created a similar measurement called "Days on Zillow". This information can be utilized to construct a better offer.
- Make Me Move Feature Zillow has a feature where you can list your house without actually listing it. Basically, you provide a price that you would be willing to sell your house for and if someone decides to purchase your home, the "make me move" happens. Interesting concept!
- Recently Sold Feature This feature allows you to see the houses in your search area that have sold most recently and the price at which they sold.
- Home Values Index You can see what homes are selling for you in your area by a number of measures – including $/SF, Selling Price, and flips.
Those are some of the reasons that I love Realtor.com. Have you used this resource before?