HILARIOUS!!! “I Was Broke. Now I’m Not” Theme Song!!!

The crusade is headed to Springcreek Church in Garland, Texas (Dallas suburb), and I am FIRED UP about it!

You need to stop what you are doing and watch the promo they did for this class!  It is a HILARIOUS rip-off of the FreeCreditReport.com song!

AWESOME!

9 Comments

1. Gail on February 4, 2009 at 6:00 pm

Joe, that is freaking AWESOME as Perry would say! You should pay these people for this. I love it!!!!
    What a great plug!!!!!
    btw- if you get a chance hop over to my blog. I posted about you & IWBNIN.

Still looking for a job.
    -Gail Parmentier

2. Casey Morgan on February 4, 2009 at 6:05 pm

Awesome!

That’s some incredible marketing!

3. Justin on February 5, 2009 at 8:47 am

Joe,

Reminds of the old Hee Haw song that starts, “Where O where are you tonight? Why did you leave me here all alone…”

Anyway, my wife and I are part of Gail’s small group and, since August of last year, we have been on a budget and have managed to save enough to pay cash for our next vehicle. We’re also well on the way to being debt-free.

Thanks!!!!

4. TurtleLover on February 5, 2009 at 9:56 am

That was hilarious !!
    Thanks for sharing it!

5. Not So Clever Guy on February 5, 2009 at 9:56 am

Yeah incredible marketing…seems a bit familiar rather than incredible:

You gotta love the HWP Gospel!! It spreads incredibly like a virus….

6. Travis on February 5, 2009 at 7:33 pm

It is amazing how creative some people are…..

Kudos to the folks at SpringCreek Church!!

7. Not So Creative Guy on February 6, 2009 at 12:08 pm

Travis….seriously!?!? You think that was creative? Did you click on the link the Not So Clever Guy posted above? It was more like copyative.

And what are giving them kudos for? What’s amazing to me is how mesmerized people are by things that are not very creative or innovative… copying TV commercials is neither!

8. Richard on February 7, 2009 at 11:38 pm

Well obviously they were ripping off the FCR.com commercials; I’m pretty sure that was their intention. But there is also something said about taking something well known and twisting it to your own needs.

Besides, it seems like it was just a promo for the seminar, not like some ad for TV. They’re not making money off of it, sheesh. Give the guys a break.

9. Kevin Jones on February 9, 2009 at 10:36 am

As a member of Springcreek church (and an attender of the seminar), yes, it’s a parody. However, you meet people where they are. More people will know the FCR jingle than verses from the Bible. And it was for internal use.

Thanks for the seminar, Joe!