In a tight economic time, a lot of people are getting very creative about how they spend their time and money. Let's face it, we all want to have fun – even more so when the money is tight and times are stressful! Here are some ways that I have seen people having fun and it is costing them NOTHING (or next to it).
- Pick-up basketball games at the local park
- Library visits – just to peruse the books, magazines, and check out free movies
- Bake a new dish using stuff that is already in the pantry and freezer
- Take the train downtown to people watch – I LOVE doing this in Chicago!
- Pull up Hulu.com and catch up on some old shows (like T.J. Hooker!)
- Start a blog
- Dig up some trees out of a ditch and transplant them into your yard
- Take time to pet the dog and cat
- Volunteer at a local community center, food pantry, or animal shelter
- Clean up the yard
- Attack one room in the house and reorganize it
Those are a few ideas. What are your favorite things to do that cost little or no money?
Follow Joe on Twitter