There are so many "How To" manuals, lists, books, and articles. I have written many myself, but today I want to write a "How To Not" list about saving money.
How To NOT Save Money
- Take all of your spending money with you to the store
- Fail to prepare a spending plan BEFORE the money is actually spent
- Always pay retail price
- Buy it as soon as you see it – always give in to impulsive decision-making
- Always buy things brand new
- Buy expensive items that depreciate in value (cars, boats, Ty Beanie Babies, etc)
- Buy more items than one can possibly use "because they were cheap"
- Eat at restaurants for at least two meals every day
- Never ask for a better deal on insurance or have insurance policies at multiple companies
Any that you want to add?