Today, I had the unbelievable privilege to speak at the Stewardship Challenge hosted by Crossroads Church (Pastor Brian Tome). I was the mule invited to the Kentucky Derby. The line-up was:
- Rick Campbell (Injoy Stewardship Solutions)
- John Maxwell (EQUIP, Author, Leader's Leader, INJOY, 16,000,000 books sold (true statement))
- Brian Tome (Pastor of Crossroads - unbelievable church, author, passionate leader, influencer)
So what did I do? I took advantage of the opportunity to LEARN! I LOVE LEARNING! I scribbled notes so fast that the pen made a huge dent in the side of my finger (has that ever happened to you? – it is weird!).
Here are some outstanding nuggets I learned from John:
- Am I willing to pay the price for my dream?
- In the beginning, dreams are free. That's why we love them so much!
- The only way some people could get excited is if they could get away from themselves.
- John confirmed his retirement plans: when he dies
- When he stopped pursuing vision, the resources stopped.
Here are some outstanding nuggets I learned from Brian:
- Vision is recession-proof!
- Develop a culture. Don't raise a budget.
- Passionate about FREE. Give away everything. (Crossroads has their atrium open all day long with free wi-fi, fountain drinks, coffee, and other outstanding amenities)
Here are some oustanding nuggets I learned from Rick:
- Be strong and courageous
- Be strong and very courageous
- I will share the rest in a later post – awesome devotional to start the day
A great day!