My bride is amazing. She helps me make outstanding financial decisions.
Here are some key ways that she helps me when making financial decisions:
- She asks questions
- She seeks to understand my point of view
- She listens
- She has the ability to see through situations in a way I can't
- She demands to see the numbers and challenges every assumption
- She looks beyond the numbers and sees how the decisions affects non-financial aspects of our life
- She balances my risk-taking behavior with her risk-averse nature
- She is willing to discuss everything – and we are on the same team with shared interests – this means that we are working together to address financial challenges and fund our dreams
- She always has my back
I call my bride my "chief business counsel". If you ever hear me say, "I need to consult with my business counsel", I am really referring to my bride – not a legal team.
Without my bride, I would still be broke and would have been the key subject matter of the book, "How To Be B-R-O-K-E".
Do you involve your spouse in your financial decisions?