I have never done this before, but I wanted to let you know about a charity golf tournament that the IWBNIN team will be participating in on Monday, November 2. This tournament is being hosted at Jennings Mill Country Club (in Bogart, GA – just east of Atlanta) and is being held to benefit Bethel Haven Child And Youth Services. Bethel Haven is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that is dedicated to providing help, hope, and healing to emotionally distressed children, young people and their families.
Now, I am a terrible golfer. I have golfed (hacked) about two times per year for the past four years, and I am terrible, but I am willing to make myself look like a fool to help these children.
Would you consider contributing a few dollars to sponsor my efforts? All donations are tax deductible and can be given securely on-line HERE. Bethel Haven thanks you, and I am grateful for your consideration.
PS: I will be sharing pictures on the blog on November 3. Rumor has it that The Saving Freak (savingfreak.com) and Mark Asbell will be joining me. As I understand it, they are even worse than me. I hope we do not get kicked out!
My bride is amazing. She helps me make outstanding financial decisions.
Here are some key ways that she helps me when making financial decisions:
- She asks questions
- She seeks to understand my point of view
- She listens
- She has the ability to see through situations in a way I can't
- She demands to see the numbers and challenges every assumption
- She looks beyond the numbers and sees how the decisions affects non-financial aspects of our life
- She balances my risk-taking behavior with her risk-averse nature
- She is willing to discuss everything – and we are on the same team with shared interests – this means that we are working together to address financial challenges and fund our dreams
- She always has my back
I call my bride my "chief business counsel". If you ever hear me say, "I need to consult with my business counsel", I am really referring to my bride – not a legal team.
Without my bride, I would still be broke and would have been the key subject matter of the book, "How To Be B-R-O-K-E".
Do you involve your spouse in your financial decisions?
I am PUMPED about a new seminar that the I Was Broke. Now I'm Not. team is rolling out. The first time we are going to teach it is in Anderson, SC!
It is going to be different from any other class we teach and is focused on saving money RIGHT NOW.
Here are some details.
- Every ticket purchased will receive a signed copy of I Was Broke. Now I'm Not.
- You might just get a preview of my new book that is releasing in November
- First 40 minutes: I will be teaching how to budget and become debt free
- Last 80 minutes: My team and I will be teaching proven methods for how to save money on nearly everything you buy. This includes how to save money on:
- Cell Phone
- Home Phone
- Anything purchased on-line
- Search engines
- And many more!
- The Saving Freak will be there.
Tickets are very limited – we have 100 tickets available for this event. If you want to come, I recommend signing up right away HERE.
See you there!
I am PUMPED about the Extreme Couponing Workshop being taught Wednesday and Thursday (9/16 and 9/17) by Jenny from SouthernSavers.com!
The Wednesday night class (at the Anderson Public Library) sold out (200 people!) so we opened a Thursday class. It is almost full. You can still sign up HERE.
The Wednesday night class (sold out) is being held at the Anderson County Public Library.
The Thursday night class is being held at Hope Fellowship in Anderson (next to Books-A-Million).
I used the techniques that Jenny is going to teach to purchase $55 worth of groceries for $5.43! This stuff WORKS!
If you have always wanted to participate in the Financial Learning Experience, you have the opportunity to participate for one night only – TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 15, 2009 at 7:00PM Eastern Standard Time.
No registration is required. Just click HERE a little before 7:00PM, and you will have the opportunity to view a Financial Learning Experience that I taught recently at NewSpring Church.
LIVE financial counselors will be participating in the chat room to answer your questions throughout the event.
SO … invite your family, friends, and co-workers over tomorrow night for dinner and watch the Financial Learning Experience.
It might just change your life.