Ever read something and said, “I can’t believe what I am reading?” Well that happened to me recently when I read THIS ARTICLE via FoxNews.
Here are some one-liners from this article:
- The House of Representatives Thursday voted to raise the debt limit by $1.9 trillion. That vote raises the debt ceiling to $14.3 trillion, a new high for the amount of debt the U.S. has ever carried.
- If Congress doesn’t hike the debt ceiling, the U.S. would be unable make good on Social Security and Medicare payments.
- The debt ceiling increase is part of a broader bill that would impose so-called “PAYGO” rules on the House. In other words, the House would have to pay for all tax cuts or programs it creates so they are budget neutral.
Can you believe this is happening in America? We are paying for outrageous and ridiculous spending as individuals and as a collective whole. Let me put this into perspective …
- Assuming there are 310 million Americans, this $14.3 trillion in debt is equal to $46,129 per man, woman, boy, and girl.
- In the early-80s our national debt was not even $1 trillion
- We are increasing our debt load while Americans are struggling the most – the burden to repay it will be borne by Americans – and the burden is becoming greater by the minute
I am not sure what I can do to address this mess, but I do know this fundamental fact: INCOME – OUTGO must equal EXACTLY ZERO
Is that true for your household? When my income decreases, it means that I must cut out expenses or I will go broke. It is just that simple.
What on Earth is going on?!!! As a collective nation, we are spending money like it is water. It is time for us to “go green” and start conserving all of our dollars – government, businesses, non-profits, and indivudals – it ALL applies to us.