In this series, I will be sharing some key wagon staplers – tools that I believe are essential to keeping one stapled to the wagon – because we all have the potential to fall off the wagon – these wagon staples’ will help keep you on the wagon even in your moments of weakness!
Part Four AUTOMATE The Important Things
Have you noticed that even though some things are important to us, we still fail to do them? We want to exercise, but we don’t. We want to eat healthy, but the Big Mac (McFat) looked too delicious.
Luckily, when it comes to finances, we can actually automate many things that are important to us!
For example, you all know that I love my Capital One 360 on-line savings account and I have written about it several times. I actually have three Capital One 360 savings accounts. One of the top reasons is the ability it provides me with to make things AUTOMATIC!
Here are key financial goals you can automate (and I have!):
- 401(K), 403(b), SIMPLE IRA, 457, or TSP contributions (automatically from paycheck)
- College 529 savings (automatically draft from bill pay account)
- Tax savings account (the taxes are going to be due – save for them!)
- Known Upcoming Non-Monthly Expenses (vacation, Christmas, new car tires, annual insurance premium, property taxes, furniture, 30-06 rifle, etc.)
- New Equipment (automatically draft from bill pay account to ensure no debt!)
- Roth IRA (automatically draft from bill pay account)
We may not be able to automatically hitch ourselves to the treadmill, but we can make sure the 401(k) and college fund are automatic.
Receive each post automatically in your E-MAIL by clicking HERE