There are 93 days until Christmas! Have you begun saving money so that you can purchase presents?
5 Things You Can Do To Prepare Financially
- Use the Mini-Budget (HERE) to write down every person for whom you are purchasing a gift. Use this tool to determine how much you are going to spend for each person.
- Set a target savings amount. Your Mini-Budget will help you establish your goal!
- Save an equal amount per paycheck. Divide your total goal amount by the number of paychecks you will receive between now and Christmas. For example, if your goal is $720 and you are going to receive 5 paychecks between now and Christmas, you should save $144/paycheck.
- Be ready for Black Friday! My friend, The Saving Freak, always runs an annual series on Thanksgiving week helping people prepare to take advantage of amazing deals on the weekend following Thanksgiving. Look at your newspapers and on-line deals – and have the money ready to take advantage of terrific savings!
- Stick to the plan! No matter what happens – do NOT overspend the plan! By taking the time to plan now, you will greatly improve your chances of success this Christmas!
Repeat after me – “NO DEBT THIS CHRISTMAS!”
How have you prepared to pay for Christmas this year?