SUCCESS STORY: Lower Car and Home Insurance!

A participant in the Financial Learning Experience wrote me to tell us how much they saved by shopping their car and home insurance!   You can too – just click HERE to get quotes from tons of agents in your area!
====================================================================
My husband and I have had [Insert Big Insurer Here] for 33+ years!   My husband was already with [Big Insurer]when we married in the 1970’s, so I just changed my insurance over with his.   We had never had any problems with them and since they were local, we had come to know them personally.
After hearing you say that everyone should shop around for insurance premiums at least every two years, I decided to do just that.   I called our insurance company to get some quotes and explained to them that I had been advised to shop around for the best rates.   My agency just said, well you have many discounts with us, including over 10+ years accident free (I now think of all the money I could have saved while being accident free during those 10+ years!).
There was no offer to even “look” at our policies to see if they could make any adjustments to give us better rates. There was only  the sound of “confidence,” the confidence that says, “someone who had been with  us for 33+ years will not change.”
YOOHOO………THANKS TO YOU FOR THE CHANGE THAT DID TAKE PLACE!!!!!!

Here is a breakdown:
AUTO INSURANCE
  • Vehicle 1       [WAS: Big Insurer] = $723.96         [IS:   New Big Insurer] = $415             Savings/year: $308.96
  • Vehicle2         [WAS: Big Insurer] = $470.52         [IS:   New Big Insurer] = $281             Savings/year: $189.52
  • Vehicle 3       [WAS: Big Insurer] = $370.46         [IS:   New Big Insurer] = $289             Savings/year: $ 81.46

Totals for the year:     [WAS: Big Insurer] =$1564.94       [IS:   New Big Insurer] Total =$985     Savings/Year $579.94
HOMEOWNER’S INSURANCE
[WAS: Big Insurer] = $450           [IS:   New Big Insurer] = $286             Savings/year: $164.00

Also, we raised the amount of coverage and kept the same deductibles for all three vehicles and for our home!!!!!!

Thanks to your Financial Learning Experience at New Spring at the Greenville Campus, we are now paying

$743.94 LESS PER YEAR BABY!!!!

YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!
HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT     HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!!!!
CAN’T SAY THANK YOU ENOUGH!   I WILL ALWAYS AND FOREVER SHOP AROUND FOR INSURANCE QUOTES IN THE FUTURE!
Thank you so very much!
=============================================================
That’s what this crusade is all about – helping people maximize their money and resources so they can go do EXACTLY what they have been put on Earth to do!
Have you gotten new quotes lately?   You can start HERE.

7 Responses to “SUCCESS STORY: Lower Car and Home Insurance!”

1. Travis October 20, 2010 at 3:49 am #

I love love this! Way to go!

2. Ginny October 20, 2010 at 7:10 am #

I have a question, if you have an escrow account for home owners insurance, how difficult is it to swap insurance?

3. Rochelle October 20, 2010 at 10:20 am #

I clicked on the link for insurance quotes (NetQuote). I would NOT recommend this. I started receiving emails and telephones calls within 2 minutes of submitting. My information was sent every where. I try to guard against this type of website. They don’t let you opt out of telephone number, address or email. :( No big deal…I thought this site might have been different.

4. Rochelle October 20, 2010 at 10:22 am #

Ginny ~ check with your insurance company to see how they address the issue of escrow. But it will not prevent you from making the change. If your new insurance is lower, you simply submit the change to your lender and they adjust your escrow payment and balance requirements. It’s usually pretty easy.

5. Ginny October 20, 2010 at 10:37 am #

Thanks Rochelle!

6. Susan October 20, 2010 at 10:45 am #

Travis, I LOVE this too…..mainly because it was me who wrote the letter.
    Rochelle, I didn’t go through NetQuotes, or any other internet site. I decided to go with a local insurance agency that had been referred to me by someone that I trust. The company is similar to a broker. They are not tied into one insurance company, but are able to search many differnet companies in order to get the best rate possible. Oh, and there is not any type of charges on their end for the work that they do, regardless of whether or not you choose to go with the company that they suggest.
    Ginny, it was no trouble at all to change insurance companies with my mortgage holder, as the company that I chose did all of the paperwork for me and all I had to do was sign the papers. Not only will it lower my escrow, but that in turn will lower my house payment each month. Lower house payment and lower car insurance……Yahooooo! Thank you Joe Sangl and thank you New Spring Church for hosting the Event, and also for hosting it free of charge and feeding us to boot!

7. Tom Carpenter October 20, 2010 at 4:41 pm #

I completely agree, it is totally worth looking for new insurance on a semi-regular basis. About 8 months ago I finally got tired of my big insurance company raising my rates each time for no reason. I had no accidents, no tickets, not even a warning. I had the same vehicle and had even recently turned 25 – the so called “magic age.” Well, not for that company.

I called up a local independent insurance agent, who also helped me find a great term-life policy. She shopped around all the major and smaller auto companies and found one that is perfect for me. She saved me over $250 a year, with the exact same coverage as before – just a new company. The process was super easy. I expect in another year or so I will have her look at my rates again – after all, why pay more than I have to?