I’m Lame. REALLY Lame.

According to Toyota, I am very lame.   Apparently, in order for me to be “not lame”, I need to spend $32,523.   On a car.   That will drop in value like a rock.   Just like any other brand new vehicle.

Watch the commercial for yourself HERE (or click the YouTube Video below).

Are you lame?

11 Responses to “I’m Lame. REALLY Lame.”

1. brad November 16, 2010 at 11:20 am #

I’m 1996 nissan maxima lame.

2. jane muir November 16, 2010 at 11:37 am #

been driving my Envoy for 8 years. no DVD player. i guess i’m really lame for having an 8 year old car AND one that supports an American owned company. only repair has been one for less than $100. one battery, oil changes, and only one additional set of tires. still running great and no plans to sell it. run it till the wheels fall off. or until someone gifts me a Jeep.
    i’m lame and refuse to buy into the commercialism of America.

3. Russ November 16, 2010 at 11:43 am #

Does my 1989 Ford Ranger that runs hot on any trips over 8 miles qualify as lame or just stupid? It’s paid for. GET FIRED UP!

4. Nathan Rice November 16, 2010 at 11:47 am #

I’m a 1993 Toyota Camry (with 225K miles) lame.

Though, in the interest of honesty, we won’t have this car for too much longer. We’ve been saving for the last year (paying a car payment to ourselves) and will be upgrading to a much nicer 2003 Camry come February, with CASH!

This video changed the way my wife and I think about cars.

5. John X November 16, 2010 at 12:20 pm #

Unfortunately, I am lame :(

6. Mary November 17, 2010 at 4:17 am #

I am a 1998 Lexus lame. 155k miles and still going. Sometimes desire a makeover, but will even “flip through the magazines and pick a style I want” but then back out. Enjoying the money I am not spending!!!

7. Travis November 17, 2010 at 5:10 am #

I am ’99 dodge Durango lame, but my I have emergency fund, Roth Ira(s), 401(k), and two girls have college savings accounts!

I work with “cool” parents who don’t buy health insurance for the family because they JUST can’t afford it! And every year when we spend two week vacation at an island home making memories they say “two weeks…you’r so Lucky”.
    Umm… Could it be because we don’t make a LAME $600 a month payment to be COOL?

I am lame and will be staying that way.

8. Michael Robison November 17, 2010 at 11:01 am #

Dude….I am LAME….My 2000 Infiniti has 253,334 miles and still going. My Kia has 206,000+ miles and still limping along….I OWE NOTHING…..I may not be “cool” but it feels great to be lame!

9. Karen Harper November 17, 2010 at 12:13 pm #

Oh I don’t even have to watch it to know what you’re talking about! That kid calling his parent’s lame because they embarrass him by driving him around in a station wagon! I say….Let him walk!! That commercial infuriates me!!! Teaching the younger generation to be ungrateful and demand the best, no matter the cost or the debt that it creates. We are the lame drivers of a paid for 1996 Lexus and a 2001 Acura, both with an average of 200k miles and proud of it :)

10. Derek November 17, 2010 at 10:23 pm #

None of you are lame! Toyota is Lame! Please sign the petition to tell them so at http://toyotaislame.com Spread the word!

11. Kathryn November 19, 2010 at 4:44 am #

I am s 2000 Honda with 157,000 miles lame…and love it. Hate the commercial.