I was driving through a severe storm recently (the one pictured was one I experienced recently while in Erie, PA), and it was incredible, scary, awesome, and fearsome – all at the same time!
Here is the order of events:
- We saw the storms coming in the distance
- We were warned by a “Severe Thunderstorm Warning” for our county.
- The winds picked up a little
- We heard thunder grumbling in the distance
- We saw lightning and then thunder
- MAJOR wind arrived (40 to 50 mph)
- MAJOR lightening/thunder/wind/rain arrived
- Heavy rain continued for about 30 minutes
- Light rain continued for another 30 minutes and then the storm passed by
- The sunlight returned with the Earth having received a good washing
The storm knocked down lots of limbs, some power lines, and a few trees.
It made me think – what would happen to all of the dead limbs if storms did not happen? The tree would be left holding up all of that dead weight.
It makes me thankful that I experience financial storms from time to time. It helps me re-evaluate what is important to me and my family. It helps us get rid of dead weight – costs that are no longer necessary or are merely “wants” instead of “needs”.
YOU can share! I’ve experienced many financial storms, and I am sure you have too! I would love to hear about some of the financial storms you have experienced and how you came out better because of it! Share in the comments below!
TRUTH: We can either despise the storm or welcome it knowing that we will be better in the future because of it.