Welcome to the latest series on JosephSangl.com – 10 Random Questions To Ask Yourself About Money
These are 10 questions that have personally challenged me in my finances, and I know they can help you too!
Question 3 Do I add value to my workplace?
This question can take one aback at first. I have found that many people have never asked themselves this question, nor have they thought of their employment this way. The fact is this: If we do not bring more value to our workplace than the amount of money our employer pays us, then we are not going to be employed long-term!
Here are just a few ways that employees add value:
- Produce a product or deliver a service that the customer pays for
- Sell products or services
- Identify and deliver cost-saving opportunities for the company
- Maintain accurate records and information such that wise decisions can be made based on clear information
- Negotiate agreements with suppliers that result in savings for both parties
Employees that can clearly substantiate their value to their employer have a much better opportunity for promotions and pay increases – which can help the budget substantially!
ACTION: Take a few moments to write down the ways that you bring value to your employer. Do your best to write down the actual value where possible.