If you have arranged for a 1-on-1 coaching meeting with one of the hundreds of financial coaches we have trained, let me give you some pointers that can help you maximize that meeting.
- Fill out the pre-work paperwork This will take 30 – 60 minutes, but it will really help you clarify the help you are asking for and can also help you identify potential cost savings before you ever meet with your coach.
- Write down the questions you have PRIOR to showing up It can be difficult to recall all of the questions you want to ask. Grab a scratch piece of paper or your smart phone and record the questions as you think of them.
- Bring copies of your paycheck stubs and bills with you Guesses are not nearly as effective as KNOWING the expenses your really have.
- Write down what frustrates you most about your finances This can allow the coach to offer suggestions that can ease your pain.
- Bring an open mind This coaching session is not a “beat you up” and “embarrass you” meeting. It is meant to help you get from “where you are” to “where you want to be.” This means it is important to be open to suggestions to new ways of managing your money.
- Try to prepare a budget before the appointment This experience can really help you have a better and more informative meeting with your coach since they will not need to explain how the budget tools work.
- Bring your spouse with you Our coaches won’t coach couples if both don’t show up to the meeting. If you won’t both show up, the meeting would be a waste of time any way.
- Recognize that there will be work to do after the appointment You must realize that the meeting is just one step of the process.
- Recognize that you are responsible for doing the work Your coach is passionate about helping you win with your money, but YOU have do to the heavy lifting of making it happen. No matter how much your coach wants you to win, he/she can not take the necessary steps for you. After all, in sports it is the players that do the work – the coach is a mentor, teacher, and guide.
I hope that this helps some of you! If you want to set up a free coaching appointment with one of the coaches we have trained, please fill out the contact form HERE and tell us the city you live in. We will match you up with a coach, and get you started toward taking your next financial steps.
GET FIRED UP!