It was 5 years ago TODAY that I gave up on my dream to become a Fortune 500 CEO, and moved back to join the staff of the church that my bride and I had the unbelievable opportunity to help start – NewSpring Church – in Anderson, SC. I am so grateful for the opportunity that my great friend and pastor, Perry Noble, gave me to pursue a dream of helping people accomplish far more than they ever thought possible with their personal finances.
It is ASTOUNDING what God has allowed me to be a part of in just five years. Here are just a few.
- Wrote I Was Broke. Now I’m Not.
- Produced the I Was Broke. Now I’m Not. Group Study and subsequently the Group Study DVD Lessons
- Wrote What Everyone Should Know About Money Before They Enter The Real World
- Wrote Funded And Free
- Wrote 1,475 blog posts
- Wrote 200 Sunday newspaper articles
- Delivered more than 150 Financial Learning Experiences
- Trained nearly 1,000 financial coaches
- Was mentioned in Money Magazine – the world’s largest personal finance magazine
- Purchased Injoy Stewardship Solutions
- Got to meet and interview one of my heroes – Dave Ramsey
- Published a book for two new authors with our fledgling publishing company – NIN Publishing
- Upgraded JosephSangl.com and added IWasBrokeNowImNot.com
- Able to provide all of our tools for absolutely free
- Developed a new APP for Apple and Android mobile devices
- Team has grown to a total of four people who make IWBNIN – without them, this effort would be incremental instead of exponential
- In 2008, someone gave me and Jenn a free Tahoe – seriously!
I write all of this not to boast in what I have done, but what the Lord has allowed me to be a part of.
I’m often asked why I’m so excited and passionate about what I do. After reading this list, perhaps you might understand a little more about WHY I am so FIRED UP all of the time! I’m a witness to the power of God moving greatly upon my behalf!
I really believed that great things could happen when I surrendered to this call 5 years ago, but I thought it would take 30 years. It has me wondering what will happen over the next 5 years!
GET FIRED UP!