I taught over 500 young people about money at West Ridge Church in Dallas, GA recently, and it was INCREDIBLE! I was teaching from my book, What Everyone Should Know About Money Before They Enter The Real World.
Here is what stood out to me:
- They were very energetic – but also paid attention very well
- The compound interest example captured ALL of their attention – even the 6th and 7th graders!
- Young people dream more than adults
- Their dreams are much less impacted by the potential financial cost
- They are just more passionate about life – period!
- Most of them are more aware of money and money issues than the young people I was teaching five years ago. I think the global recession has caused this generation to truly pay attention to money.
- They clearly know that it is EZ™ to win with money!