This is a series that appears on a weekly basis here at JosephSangl.com – “Biblical Financial Lessons”
I believe that the Bible is the best money book ever written, and I really want to take some time each week to share the money lessons I have learned from the Word.
Proverbs 15:22 Plans fail for lack of counsel, but with many advisers they succeed.
Have you ever attempted to accomplish something that was HUGE for you, yet failed in spite of all of the planning? First, let me welcome you to the club! Second, let me ask you a question – Did you have a set of mentors to help you?
Perhaps one of the top things I have learned as I have launched a couple of businesses and purchased another is this – “I do not know everything!” The act of ASKING FOR HELP and ASKING FOR WISDOM from people who have “been there – done that” has been so rewarding.
My mentors have helped me in the following ways:
- Helped me identify potential major issues
- Asked me great questions that forced me to really evaluate WHY I was even considering the initiative
- Provided connections to other people that had experience with what I was attempting
- Prayed with me, for me, and for the initiative
- Provided key steps for me to take to safeguard against or avoid pitfalls
- Shared options with me that I would have never even thought of (this was HUGE)
QUESTION: Do you have a set of mentors? Who could you ask TODAY to begin coaching/mentoring you?