If you are looking to gain substantial margin in your budget, try this tip: Open up the pantry!
Seriously, you probably have a month’s worth of canned and dry goods in there. Yes, you will have to purchase the perishables like milk, bread, and veggies, but you could probably get by on 30% or less of your typical monthly grocery spending this month!
Here are some tips to maximize the use of your pantry inventory:
- Pull everything out and place on the dining room table
- Put meals together based on this total overview of your inventory
- Write down the meals on paper so you don’t forget the ideas you have
I love these types of meals! Is there anything better than chicken chow mein? Or spaghetti? Or sardines and saltines? Or made-from-scratch biscuits and gravy?
For many families, doing this for just one month will save $200 or more!
QUESTION: Have you ever done anything like this? If so, what was the strangest meal you ever put together with the items you “discovered” in your pantry?
I meet so many people who are believing something that is completely false and untrue.
They believe that their financial situation determines their dreams.
They will dispute this, of course, but their ACTIONS (which speak way louder than words) indicate otherwise. I tend to look past the rhetoric to see a real indication of belief.
I’ve found that I have been susceptible to this as well! We are so good at self-deception.
For example, here are some situations I have seen a person say that they:
- Really want to be debt-free, but they continue to spend money without a budget!
- Really want to be debt-free, yet they pull the plastic out to charge items not in the budget!
- Want to improve their marriage, but they refuse to work with their spouse to plan their finances.
- Believe they can take a dream trip, but no money is saved for the trip.
- Want to start a business, but have never started the first step toward it because the challenge is so intimidating and daunting.
I’ve determined that I am going to pursue every dream given me. I will surely fail at some of them, but the successes are so very worth it!
You have a choice – TODAY – to write down your dreams or to never write them down.
You have a choice – TODAY – to write down dreams regardless of the cost or to write down only the dreams you know you can afford.
You have a choice – TODAY – which will you choose?
Every month there will be an update of Joe & Jenn’s Home Pay-Off Spectacular!
Here’s this month’s update!
Total Squares: 2,426
% of House Owned By The Sangl’s:
% of House Owned By Wells Fargo:
Here is the updated Sangl Home Pay-Off Spectacular (click to view large size)
Another HUGE CHUNK has been paid off! It is so exciting to see the mortgage balance declining at such a rapid pace, and we are so blessed to be able to do this! It has now been 10 months since we cranked up our focus on the mortgage. In that time, we have been able to pay for 8.6% of the house – that is almost 1% per month.
Jenn and I don’t take this blessing for granted. We know that we have been blessed beyond anything we could ever ask or imagine!
How are you doing on YOUR house pay-off spectacular?
If you do not have one, you can get one here => Pay Off Spectacular – House.
Read previous Sangl Home Pay-Off Spectacular Updates