I’ve noticed something that has happened in my life as I have transitioned from BROKE to NOT BROKE, and I can’t say I was prepared for it at all. I’m pretty certain I was not prepared to win with money.
My bride and I have faced questions that were completely irrelevant when we were broke. Questions like:
- Where to invest money to obtain the best rate of return?
- We did not know hardly anything about investing
- What charitable organizations and causes should we give to?
- We wanted to maximize the impact of our giving
- Where should we put our saved money?
- We’d never saved money before
- Should we talk with our family and friends about how we are winning with money as the result of preparing and following a monthly budget and pursuing debt freedom? If so, how much?
- Believe it or not, your family or friends may not be as excited as you are about winning with money – they might refer to your genuine excitement as bragging/boasting/pride
- Even worse – some people have a legitimate concern that their friends and family will steal money from them!
“Are you really ready to win with money?”
It’s a legitimate question that anyone pursuing financial freedom should consider.