I am so excited about what is happening through the I Was Broke. Now I’m Not. Team! We have seen our dream literally become reality and EXPLODE (in a good way) before our very eyes!
With all of this growth, we need help. Before I get to the position, let me clarify a few things that are not negotiable for this position.
- You must be committed to complete excellence
- A typo or spelling error needs to drive you absolutely crazy
- You need to be very creative (even artsy)
- Deadlines really are deadlines – not dates to be negotiated in the future
On to the position …
PRINT& WEB GRAPHICS/VIDEO INTERN
- Able to design incredible looking graphics
- Able to shoot and produce incredible short videos
- Able to work within set deadlines and timelines
- Able to work well with others
- Passionate about excellence in design
- Able to spell “supercalifragilisticexpialidocious” (we will test this)
- Currently studying graphic design in college
- Local to Anderson, SC or can arrange to live there for the work period
- Work from May 15 thru August 15
The position pays US currency, but you won’t get extremely rich this summer. What we CAN provide, however, is exposure of your work throughout the world and meaningful projects that will literally touch hundreds of thousands of people.
If you meet all of these requirements and want to be a part of our team this summer, apply by sending a resume and samples of your work to email@example.com with the subject line of “I WANT TO BE THE IWBNIN INTERN”
NOTE: This posting will cease 4/25/2012.
Do you have a high school or college graduation coming up in the next month? If so, the What Everyone Should Know About Money BEFORE They Enter The Real World Study Kit would make a great gift for the graduate!
Here’s 5 Reasons This Makes A Great Gift:
- Don’t YOU wish you had learned more about money before you entered the real world?
- Avoiding financial mistakes is a lot less painful than fixing them!
- The book has chapters focused on building credit, purchasing a home, how to budget in a way that really works, how to capture the power of compound interest, and the importance of having a plan for life.
- Most of these graduates will have had little to no formal training on HOW to manage money.
- Credit card companies and lenders might be circling your favorite student …
Here’s an idea – Write a personal note in the book telling your favorite graduate(s) all of the reasons you wanted her/him (them) to receive this teaching.
As a special offer, purchase your kit by 5/25/2012 to receive 10-percent off your group study purchase by using the gift code “graduate” in the “special code” box during checkout.
View all of our resources in the I Was Broke. Now I’m Not. STORE
The response to the “Why Do You Do What You Do” Survey was amazing!
First, let me share the data.
In response to the question, “Do you LOVE your job?“, 43.9% said NO and 56.1% said YES.
In response to the question, “If money were not the object, would you still do the same work you do today?“, 55.1% said NO and 44.9% said YES.
In other words, while 56.1% of people said they LOVE their job, about 20% of those people don’t love their job enough that they would keep doing the same work if money were not the object keeping them there.
An open-ended question was also asked – “Why do you do what you do?” The responses varied from amazing, interesting, weird, and ridiculous. I wanted to share EVERY response with you, but it would take an entire book to share them all. Below are some of my favorite responses.
- “My work helps people CHANGE their lives!!!”
- “Because there’s nothing else around right now.”
- “Could not make the same money doing what I love”
- “I enjoy helping others and making a difference. This opportunity came along and I took this job as a sacrifice for my children. It has wonderful benefits, hours, and I am now in my 13 th year. I took a 20 thousand dollar paycut when I first started but it was a sacrifice I felt like I needed to make at the time for my children.”
- “It’s what I worked a long time to achieve and I love it.”
- “I like people and I am challenged by what I do and receive much gratification when I succeed at my work.
I am in the selling business and have many failures and successes and learn from both, everyday is an education day.”
- “Money and it is a love/hate relationship! I feel stuck can’t move up! can’t move out without making less!”
- “It is a family business which i was “forced” into. While the pay is over the top, the drama and stress is ridiculous. I guess I’m just a glutton for punishment.”
- “It is a calling not a job!”
- “To pay the bills. If we were in a financially better place I would spend more time with my daughter and less time working.”
- “Briefly: To see people experience LIFE in Christ. So far in just a little over four years we have been a part of 1,376 people saying YES to Jesus.”
- “I am 73 years old and thanks to you and your inspiring words (I took your course last year at my church in Coldwater, AL) I am now debt free (I even paid my car off and have no car payment for the first time since I was 30 years old!). I am not a retiring type, and wanted a job where I could set my own hours, talk to people daily, with no stress or worry to supplement my social security. I am happy to say I found it and still have time to be with my family, write, read and enjoy the joy of living each day that the Lord gives me!”
- “Why do I do what I do? Because I like to turn little kids into musicians. I like it when they “get it” (that light bulb moment) and when they can sing or play something without my help as a music teacher. I like it when they can think about music independently and come up with their own thoughts about what they’re hearing. Little kids can sometimes be so creative and thoughtful. It’s great to interact with them.”
Awesome response – I am so honored that so many of you chose to participate!
As we start out another week of this great adventure we call LIFE, I would be honored to have you participate in our brief survey below:
Every month there will be an update of Joe & Jenn’s Home Pay-Off Spectacular!
Here’s this month’s update!
Total Squares: 2,426
% of House Owned By The Sangl’s:
% of House Owned By Wells Fargo:
Here is the updated Sangl Home Pay-Off Spectacular (click to view large size)
This month marked a FULL YEAR of attacking our mortgage with massive principal reduction payments. We’re blessed to be able to do this, and are excited about reaching the “tipping point” in just a few months when we own more of the house than Wells Fargo!
How are you doing on YOUR house pay-off spectacular?
If you do not have one, you can get one here => Pay Off Spectacular – House.
Read previous Sangl Home Pay-Off Spectacular Updates