People often compare their financial situation with that of others around them.
They won’t say it out loud, but here are some of the things they are comparing:
- Do they make more money than I do?
- Do they have better cars than I do?
- Is their house better than mine?
- Do their kids have better toys than mine?
- Do they have a better job than me?
All this can do is lead to an endless spiral of depression because there will always be someone who has something “more” or “better”. ALWAYS.
A better, more life-giving approach would be to ask the following two questions:
- Is there some way I can serve this friend?
- How can I help them accomplish one of their dreams?
When you choose to serve others, it cuts the comparison game out at the knees.