Have You Achieved Your 2012 Financial Goals?

Two Simple Questions Today:

1. What were the financial goals you set for 2012?
  2. Did you achieve them?

Would you share your answers with me in the comments? Also, it would be incredible to hear how our team could better help you with achieving your 2013 financial goals!

11 Responses to “Have You Achieved Your 2012 Financial Goals?”

1. Amanda December 10, 2012 at 9:14 pm #

We started 2012 with one goal: Pay off my husband’s student loan. We thought it would take us all year, but we met the goal in 3.5 months. That was $6,000 in 3.5 months! After a small reward, we set a goal to pay $4,000 by the end of the year (8 months) on our HELOC. We met that goal in 4 months! Near the end of that 4 months, we found out we are expecting baby #3 and we have a high deductible insurance plan. Our current goal is to have what we need for the medical bills in cash by the time the baby comes in April. As of right now, we are about half way to that goal. The real miracle in this is that none of the money for these goals has come out of regular budget from my husband’s income. It came from our tax refund, my freelance work, and an unexpected quarterly bonus system that was implemented by my husband’s employer earlier this year.

2. jsangl December 11, 2012 at 9:21 am #

Amanda- That is AWESOME! Thanks for taking the time to share and congrats on baby #3!

3. Michele December 11, 2012 at 9:44 am #

I got engaged last Christmas, so one of my financial goals was to plan and pay cash for our wedding. We had a beautiful outdoor wedding in August with about 80 guests. We achieved our goal and paid cash for the entire wedding and honeymoon!

4. jsangl December 11, 2012 at 1:09 pm #

Michele- What a great way to start your marriage- WITHOUT wedding debt!

5. Travis December 11, 2012 at 6:04 pm #

Goal: Pay off $6000 of debt

Achieve it? Not quite (just over $5000) but also cash-flowed $2000 of car repairs, $1000 of hospital/doctor bills, $1200 when the house we can’t sell went without a renter for a month, and didn’t have to put anything on a credit card for the first year ever in my adult life, so I’ll take it!

6. jsangl December 13, 2012 at 10:43 am #

I would take it too, Travis! Financial margin makes all the difference and paying off that debt is right around the corner!

7. Ginny December 13, 2012 at 3:27 pm #

Well, it wasn’t a New Year’s goal, but when I blew out my 29th birthday candles, my wish/goal was to be debt free (besides the house) by 30. I knew then it was far fetched (at best), but what could it hurt. If I seriously tried, I would be in better shape than I was at the time. Admittedly, I failed. But we paid off about $9,000 in debt and didn’t charge/finance anything more. Next year, I turn 31 and there is an amazing possibility of being debt free (besides the house) by 31 or shortly after. I’m happy with that.

8. Seth B December 18, 2012 at 7:04 am #

One of our main goals has been to not use credit cards and not gain anymore debt. We succeeded in doing that this year (other than a small student loan) and are excited to see we are set up now to pay off the remaining balance on the credit card and my wife’s student loan in the next three months. We have money set aside for medical needs as well and things have been moving forward. Soon our only debt will be the house and we cannot wait to get that paid off!

9. jsangl December 18, 2012 at 12:19 pm #

Ginny- Our team would love to celebrate with you when you pay off that debt! You CAN do it!

10. jsangl December 18, 2012 at 12:23 pm #

That is awesome, Seth! 3 months will be over before you know it. We would love to hear when you get there.

11. Stephanie December 21, 2012 at 11:56 am #

My Husband and I attended one of your seminars at our church (West Ridge Church, GA). We loved it and began applying your principles right away. We also signed up to meet with a financial coach at our church. Your lessons, along with the accountability and encouragement of our financial coaches, (Roy and Janey Early) we are now credit card debt free!

In addition to this we have an emergency fund and we allocate all of our other funds.. Everything dollar has a purpose and I love it!

We owe on my car and our home. Our goal is to pay off the car with any funds we receive at Christmas, plus the monthly money we are now able to put on the car because our other debts are paid.