Here are 5 things you can do to save big-time money in 2013:
- Have high interest credit card debt? Roll over the balance to a 0% balance transfer credit card. It takes five minutes or less and can change the interest on your credit card debt for a year or longer! Here is my list of great 0% Balance Transfer Credit Card Offers.
- Haven’t checked your auto and homeowner’s/renter’s insurance rates lately? Insurance companies tend to creep their rates up over time. Many times you can end up with better insurance for way less than you are paying right now! I like to use an on-line quote site to get quotes. I type in my information one time, and all of the insurance companies start competing for my business! That means lower prices, and I like that!
- Have you checked your home mortgage interest rate lately?Rates have fallen to record lows. Chances are pretty good that a simple refinance of your house would allow you to cut 5 to 10 years off of your mortgage while still paying the same payment!
- Cut the cable/satellite service for one year. I have done this before, and we discovered our family had a LOT more time to spend together doing something other than staring at the TV. It also helped us save a lot of money!
- Establish a savings goal and set up an automatic draft to a bank account that is not immediately accessible. I really like Capital One 360. It is where I keep my savings that I want to ensure I keep my hands off of!
Hope this list helps you have the most prosperous year ever!