I recently asked the following question on Twitter (via @joesangl): “What does it mean to be a “COACH”? What does a COACH do?” The responses were awesome and are shared below:
- @Shelton_22: @joesangl A coach must Love, Develop, Motivate, Construct, Encourage, Prepare, and Inspire an individual for the future.
- @peteraug: @joesangl brings out the potential in others
- @CynnamonClinton: @joesangl A coach, teaches, leads, motivates, and instructs based on their own achievements, mastery & experiences!
- @RealAustinHall: @joesangl to lead, motivate, be an example, inspire, encourage, discipline, show compassion, challenge and direct towards a common goal.
- @PaulJolicoeur: @joesangl A coach comes along side, to push you beyond where you thought your limit was!
Every single successful person I know has had someone in their life who provides coaching to them. So-called “self-made” persons KNOW that they have achieved greatness because of the help and coaching of others!
This is why I have three financial coaches.
When I was broke, I realized I was seeking advice from broke friends! It was like accepting long distance running advice from a sumo wrestler.
Proverbs 15:22shares, “Plans fail for lack of counsel, but with many advisers they succeed.”
I was broke, and I knew wisdom was necessary for me to change my financial life. I established desired criteria my coaches should possess:
- They had to love me.
- They weren’t interested in selling me anything.
- They had availability to mentor me.
My financial coaches helped me change my life!
Do YOU have a financial coach?