The journey to financial freedom can become laborious at times, and it can be difficult to know whether or not you are really progress. Here are some signs you can use to help determine if you are truly becoming Financially Fit:
- You prepare a monthly budget – every single month!
- You know what “net worth” means – and you track it at least once a year.
- You value saving and investing more than spending.
- You have eliminated all high interest debt.
- You have funded at least one personal dream in the past 12 months.
- You have been labeled as “odd” or “weird” by friends and family because of your focus on taking your finances to another level.
- When a friend shows off their new financed car, you feel sorry for them instead of excited.
- You know the interest rate that Capital One 360 bank (formerly ING Direct), Ally Bank, HSBC, and Emigrant are paying!
- If married, you and your spouse are able to have a productive conversation about money – without arguing!
- You don’t have to check your bank account balance every morning or even think about it on a daily basis because YOU KNOW there is more than enough money in the account to cover the bills. In fact, you know your balance to the penny.
What other signs would you add?