I love my budget.
There. I said it. If you are a spender like I am, you know that this statement is an amazing one.
You see, as a spender, I didn’t like the word “budget” because it cramped my style. It made me say the word “no” too often. For some reasons, the word “budget” made me think of being broke.
But I love my budget because NONE of those beliefs were true.
Here are the top reasons I love my monthly budget:
- My marriage. It ensures I meet with my bride every single month to talk about life and how our money needs to be managed to support it
- Debt eliminated. Using the budget, we eliminated all of our non-house debt in 14 months and our house debt in 10 years and 1 month (so we can live without payments)
- Savings! Our budget allowed us to clearly understand what would be necessary to build savings
- Giving! We get to decide where we will give money each month (it’s our favorite part of budgeting)
- It provides control. In a world where everything seems to spiral toward chaos, it is awesome to know exactly what is going on with our finances
Why do YOU love YOUR budget?
Don’t have one? Just click HERE to access our free budget tools.